Ready for something new?
Veterinary Jobs at Chicago Cat Clinic
About Working at Chicago Cat Clinic:
Chicago Cat Clinic is the leading feline-only animal hospital. We have a wonderful client base and a compassionate, friendly staff. Our clients know that when they bring their cats to the Chicago Cat Clinic, they will receive the best possible care in a loving environment. Chicago Cat Clinic provides progressive medical care and practices Fear Free handling. Joining our team is like joining our family, we work hard and enjoy fun times together. Come meet the team and let us show you why Chicago Cat is the place to be!
About Living in Chicago IL:
Welcome to Chicago! We have everything you could need just a walk or short drive away and we have an amazing public transportation system if driving isn’t for you. Chicago is a foodie’s paradise with world-class cuisine on every corner. We offer the best of Broadway, sports, festivals, and music. Chicago is a very diverse city and celebrates every heritage. Come join us in Chicago!
Join the Team
Are you looking for your purr-fect opportunity! The Chicago Cat Clinic is waiting to welcome you home! As the first feline-only practice in Chicago and the second oldest feline practice in the country, this AAHA-accredited practice has an experienced, committed staff and loyal client base, so every patient gets the treatment they deserve.
If you have an interest in feline medicine, especially dentistry, we will provide the mentorship, making this the perfect practice for you!
We are committed to maintaining a work-life balance for everyone on our team; we want you at your best each day! Because of this, we are excited to add an associate that is able to uphold our values and commitment to high-level veterinary care for our feline patients. We welcome veterinarians at all levels of experience and will happily mentor
new and recent graduates. Our ideal veterinarian enjoys medicine, dentistry, and surgery.
To learn more about Chicago Cat Clinic – check out our video!
About the area: Just minutes to the Chicago Loop and easy access to the Metra trains,
Edgebrook is a “suburb-in-a-city”. With its forests and parks, you’ll forget about the
hustle and bustle of the city and the highly-rated schools make this a very family-friendly
One of the ways we strive to improve the lives of veterinarians is by providing you with comprehensive benefits:
- Generous compensation package
- Flexible schedules
- Career path opportunities
- Customized mentorship program
- Generous paid time off
- CE Allowances
- Relocation assistance
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and
employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying
disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.
The Associate Veterinarian will need an educational background of at least:
A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited
Chicago Cat Clinic is looking for a full-time Customer Service Representative. We are Chicago’s first feline-only clinic. The ideal candidate would have previous veterinary experience, excellent customer service skills, and the ability to multi-task.
Reporting to the Practice Manager, the Client Service Representative (CSR), provides an exceptional experience to our clients during every interaction. In addition to continually engaging the client, the CSR performs administrative practice tasks such as record maintenance and appointment tracking. The CSR manages practice reception (visitor and telephone), maintenance of veterinary medical records, accounts maintenance, cash processing, data entry, word processing, and mail services. The CSR applies practical knowledge of practice processes and services, the basic rules and regulations governing visitors and animal patient treatment, and veterinary record requirements and terminology to ensure every patient is well-cared for and every client has an exceptional experience.
Certified Technician Competencies
- Patience & Compassion: Remaining professional while still making Doctors, teammates, clients, and patients feel as comfortable as possible regardless of the situation or challenges presented. Responding quickly and calmly to crises while maintaining a high standard of patient care.
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Carefully coordinating actions with Doctors and practice team members. Providing feedback appropriately and in a timely manner. Quickly incorporating feedback to ensure positive results. Sharing ideas and being open to others’ ideas.
- Communicating: Conveying instructions to clients and teammates to ensure successful patient care.
- Active Listening: Following the instructions of Doctors and sometimes patient owners. Picking up the needs of Doctors and teammates based on prior experiences and feedback.
- Organization Skills: Clear tracking of lab specimens, medications, patient instructions, workflow, and other job-related items while managing multiple patients and clients.
- Client Satisfaction: Ensuring all activities and interactions result in the highest level of client satisfaction.
- Leads practice opening and closing procedures per Practice Manager instructions and practice procedures.
- Ensures all public areas are clean and presentable for patients; cleans and straightens areas including the front desk, reception area, waiting area, office, public bathroom(s) and exam rooms.
- Processes cash, checks, charge card payments and credit account payments.
- Schedules appointments for the clinic adhering to practice and Doctor preferences and ensure appropriate workflow.
- Assists in the updating of client/patient files, as needed.
- Prepares and sends client correspondence.
- Sends reminder notices to clients for periodic notifications; conducts re-calls to clients on a timely basis from a call back list.
- Performs a backup of the computer system on a regular basis, as directed.
- Performs and oversees the performance of posting daily business.
- Welcomes clients and patients to the practice with a warm and friendly demeanor and ensures an excellent experience during the practice visit.
- Answers incoming telephone calls applying proper telephone etiquette.
- Presents clients with medications, instructions, new client kits, and any other take-home items.
- Handles emergency situations with great care, and patience, and follows established clinic policies and procedures.
- Addresses client concerns in a calm appropriate manner, ensuring every experience ends in satisfaction.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Full or part-time
- Ability to work on weekends
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous veterinary experience preferred
- Client satisfaction references preferred
- Practices OSHA safety techniques including proper PPE
- Paid time off
- Health insurance; dental insurance; vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Bonus incentive
- Flexible work schedules
- Career and professional development
For all other roles: